The Transportation Division of the ACBDD seeks a Substitute Vehicle Operator I and III (Van and Bus Drivers). Candidates with a CDL and bus endorsement are preferred, but it is not required – we will train!
– Van: Must be 21 years old, possess a high school diploma or GED, have ability to use whole numbers, read & write. ODE Van Driver Certification preferred.
– Bus: Possess a Class B CDL with school bus, passenger, and air brake endorsements or ability to obtain. Ohio Pre-service School Bus certificate preferred
– 2 years driving experience, minimum. Knowledge of Ohio driving rules/regulations; drive/safety practices, operation of passenger bus/motor vehicle.
– Must be able to lift, carry move, load and secure enrollees safely. Lift/move safely 75-100 lbs.
– Must demonstrate ability to use radio equipment. Ability to carry out instructions (written, oral, picture).
– Valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
– Van Drivers: Inspects, maintains and operates passenger vehicle (1 to15 passengers) to transport passengers enrolled in all ACBDD programs to & from programs/services for various activities (e.g., athletic activities, educational programs & functions, training programs, field trips, chartered events, other miscellaneous activities).
– Bus Drivers: Inspects, maintains and operates passenger bus to transport up to 84 passengers (e.g., students and adults) to & from programs/services for various activities
– Performs facility related duties, i.e. cleaning, snow removal, mowing, trimming, weed eating.
– Maintains accurate records for transportation purposes.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Wage: Commensurate with qualifications and experience; Van Driver minimum $14; Bus Driver minimum $16
Schedule: Called in as needed Monday – Friday
Deadline: Open until filled
Worksite: Lavelle Road, Athens, Ohio
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to email@example.com or complete an application (which can be downloaded from the link below or picked up at Beacon School, 801 W Union St, Athens, OH 45701) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include: exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and/or aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.