Welcoming applications for Substitute Instructor Assistants/Aides at Beacon School
Have a flexible schedule and a desire to positively impact children? Contact us to discuss substituting for absent aides at Beacon School, supporting students’ learning and growth. Inquiries welcome at 740-594-3539.
– OH Department of Education (ODE) substitute educational aide license, or ability to obtain (18 yrs old and possess a high school diploma or GED)
– Knowledge of child development, educational and adaptive equipment/devices, behavior and classroom management preferred
– Lift, move and carry minimum of 30 pounds.
– Assists in maintaining classroom environment conducive to learning and free of health and safety hazards;
– Assists in preparing materials for daily lesson plans consistent with the instructor’s goals for students’ Individual Educational Plans;
– Assists students with mobility, physical and clothing needs such as positioning, feeding, toileting and getting on and off transportation vehicles.
– Perform other related duties as assigned.
Wage: $12 per hour
Benefits: Participation in Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) and sick leave
Schedule: Called in as needed Monday – Friday during academic calendar
Posted: July 9, 2020; open until filled
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to email@example.com or call 740-541-8135 to obtain an application. Inquiries welcome.
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include: exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and/or aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce