The ACBDD is starting a search for a part-time nurse scheduled during the academic year at Beacon School. This position is located at 801 W. Union Street in Athens. The hourly rate ranges will depend on the individual’s credentials and other qualifications. This is a position for the academic year, 20 hours/week, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. This position comes with an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive health and life insurance, generous paid time off, and participation in OH Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS).
- Current licensure as a registered nurse (RN) or licensed practical nurse (LPN) through the Ohio State Board of Nursing
- Experience in pediatrics and/or developmental disability populations preferred.
- Excellent medical care knowledge and application for students
- Strong organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle preferred
- Provides professional nursing and health care services to enrolled students of Beacon School.
- Prepare and maintain documentation, both written and electronic, of health files and medical records of all students enrolled in the school.
- Provides/presents educational health information/training to students, staff and families.
- Ensure appropriate communication regarding professional medical services.
- Participate in in-service training, staff and program meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- RN Associate’s Degree $19.51 – $31.33
- RN Bachelor’s Degree $21.70 – $34.72
- LPN $16.19 – $25.90
Posting Dates: September 6 – September 21, 2023, or until filled.
Application may be made in one of three ways:
- Send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include all three in one Word or PDF file)
- Complete an application (link is below) or
- Obtain and complete an application at ACBDD, 801 W Union St, Athens, OH 45701
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.