Register for the 4th Annual Polar Bear Plunge!
Online registrations will close at 4 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 11.
In-person registrations will be accepted until 10 a.m. on the day of the event.
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline to register to be guaranteed a T-shirt was Feb. 4.
What is the Polar Bear Plunge?
This is an event held during the winter when participants enter a body of water (despite the low temperature) in an effort to raise awareness and funds for a charitable cause or organization.
Who organizes the Polar Bear Plunge?
This event is hosted each year by the Albany VFW Post 9893, along with the WSEO 107.7 radio station.
What is the charitable cause or organization?
At this time, the proceeds from the event this year will go to the students of Beacon School (a part of the Athens County Board of Developmental Disabilities).
How does it work?
Participants pledge their sponsoring amount, and then show up on the day of the event ready to take their official plunge.
What precautions will be in place in response to COVID-19?
With the Athens City-County Health Department’s approval, organizers will be assigning each individual/team a specific time for their plunge. Every registrant must provide a telephone number so that arrangements can be made ahead of time.
Tips to make your plunge more fun:
• Wear loose-fitting clothes that are easy to remove – your fingers may be numb after exiting the water.
• You will be exiting the water quickly, so do not wear anything that will be heavy when wet.
• Bring a robe, blanket, towel or jacket to wear while you are waiting to plunge.
• You must wear shoes – the ground will be freezing.
• Bring extra towels to dry off.
• Bring loose fitting clothes to change into after the plunge.
• Plunge with friends – it is more fun, especially if you create a crazy costume.
• Remember to smile – photographers will be taking your picture.
|Register||Donate / Pledge|
|In-person at the event|
Advanced In-Person Registration At:
• Any Hocking Valley Bank location
• WSEO 107.7 radio station
The registration deadline to be guaranteed a T-shirt is Feb. 4.
Have questions? Contact Brian Johnson at (740) 856-9404.
Checks can be made out to VFW POST 9893.
Would you like to sponsor this event? If so, download the 2022 Polar Bear Plunge Donors Request form.