The ACBDD is seeking camp counselors for the summer camp program at Beacon School, in collaboration with Ohio University’s Kids On Campus. This is a temporary position (5 weeks).
Location: Beacon School, Athens, OH
Wage: Minimum of $10.45 hourly; commensurate with experience (current Beacon staff = $15 hourly)
Benefits: Participation in OPERS.
Schedule: June 14 – July 16: M-F, 8 am – 3 pm
• Must be at least 18 years of age at time of application.
• Must be available to work entire duration of camp, including pre-camp training (June 14th through July 16th).
• Must be available to work 8 am to 3 pm, Monday through Friday during these dates.
• Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
• Successful applicants will also be required to pass both state and federal background checks.
• Experience working with school-aged children with and without disabilities is preferred.
NOTE: If currently employed by ACBDD, must not interfere with primary ACBDD job responsibilities (must be done outside of normal working hours).
Summer Camp Counselors perform a variety of program activities including:
• Implements typical camp activities for groups of children attending the summer camp (i.e. swimming, art, music, hiking, games, sports, field trips, outdoor activities, etc.). Actively participates with children during activities.
• Ensures children follow camp rules to be outlined at staff training. Ensures safety of children while participating in camp activities.
• Assists in preparing and serving meals and snacks.
• Special Working Conditions: Physical intervention and assistance to ensure children can actively participate safely in camp activities is inherent to this job. This includes assisting children with changing clothes, using the restroom, and eating and drinking. These tasks will occasionally result in bruises, scrapes, etc. to the camp counselor. Working conditions may include exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable disease, potentially infectious materials, and/or aggressive behavior.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Posting Dates: Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to email@example.com or complete an application at Beacon School, 801 W Union St, Athens, OH 45701.
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.