Job Posting: Camp Program Assistants
The ACBDD is seeking candidates interested in working as Camp Program Assistants during the ACBDD’s Summer Camp program, in coordination with the Ohio University Kids on Campus.
Dates of the program employment are June 5 – July 7 (closed June 19 and July 4 for holiday). The position pay starts at $10.10/hour, commensurate with experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of application.
- Preferred: young adults (18-24) eligible for ACBDD services seeking to gain skills under mentorship from Camp Counselors and Director
- Must be available entire duration of camp, including pre-camp training (3 days week of June 5; June 12 – July 7).
- Must be available to work 8 am to 3 pm, Monday through Friday during these dates.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Successful applicants will also be required to pass both state and federal background checks.
- Experience working with school-aged children with and without disabilities is preferred.
Summer Camp Assistants perform a variety of program activities including:
- Assist with camp activities for groups of children attending the summer camp (i.e. swimming, art, music, hiking, games, sports, field trips, outdoor activities, etc.). Assist counselors and camp groups; may actively participate with children during activities under the direction and supervision of Counselors and Director.
- Assists with camp activity set up, clean-up, and tear down, including sanitizing camp activity areas and items, laundry from swimming and other camp related activities.
- Support Camp Counselors and their groups with activities, running errands, alerting nurse or director when needed, etc.
- Assist in delivering meals and snacks to camp groups.
- Assist Camp Director with miscellaneous camp events and activities as directed.
- Special Working Conditions: Physical assistance to ensure children can actively participate safely in camp activities is inherent to this job. This includes assisting children with activities and events at the camp. These tasks could occasionally result in bruises, scrapes, etc. to the camp assistant. Working conditions may include exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable disease, potentially infectious materials, and/or aggressive behavior.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Posting Dates: Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to email@example.com or complete an application available here https://form.jotform.com/213505296572054 or at Beacon School, 801 W Union St, Athens, OH 45701.
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.