Substitute Vehicle Operator I and III (Van and Bus Drivers)
• Van: Must be 21 years old, possess a high school diploma or GED, have ability to use whole numbers, read & write. ODE Van Driver Certification preferred.
• Bus: Possess a Class B CDL with school bus, passenger, and air brake endorsements or ability to obtain. Ohio Pre-service School Bus certificate preferred
• 2 years driving experience, minimum. Knowledge of Ohio driving rules/regulations; drive/safety practices, operation of passenger bus/motor vehicle.
• Must be able to lift, carry move, load and secure enrollees safely. Lift/move safely 75-100 lbs.
• Must demonstrate ability to use radio equipment. Ability to carry out instructions (written, oral, picture).
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
• Van Drivers: Inspects, maintains and operates passenger vehicle (1 to15 passengers) to transport passengers enrolled in all ACBDD programs to & from programs/services for various activities (e.g., athletic activities, educational programs & functions, training programs, field trips, chartered events, other miscellaneous activities).
• Bus Drivers: Inspects, maintains and operates passenger bus to transport up to 84 passengers (e.g., students and adults) to & from programs/services for various activities
• Performs facility related duties, i.e. cleaning, snow removal, mowing, trimming, weed eating.
• Maintains accurate records for transportation purposes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Wage: Commensurate with qualifications
Schedule: Called in as needed Monday – Friday
Deadline: June 30, 2017 or until filled
Worksite: Lavelle Road, Athens, Ohio
To apply, please complete an application available at, or submit letter of intent, resume and list of at least three professional references to the Athens County Board of Developmental Disabilities (ACBDD), 801 West Union, Athens, OH 45701 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Internal applications will be given priority in screening and selection.
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include: exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and/or aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.