Eligibility Requirements for Atco Adult Services
- 16 years of age or older;
- Resident of Athens County;
- Have a developmental disability as defined in Section 5126.01 of the Ohio Revised Code; and
- If applicable, be placed into the program by the school district of residence as the least restrictive environment in accordance with Rule 3301-51-02 of the Administrative Code.
Definition of developmental disability
Developmental disability means a severe, chronic disability that is characterized by all of the following:
- It is attributable to a mental or physical impairment of a combination or a combination of mental and physical impairments, other than a mental or physical impairment solely caused by mental illness;
- It is manifested before the age twenty-two;
- It is likely to continue indefinitely;
- It results in substantial functional limitations in at least three of the following areas of major life activity: Self-care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self-direction, capacity for independent living, and, if the person is age eighteen or older, capacity for economic self-sufficiency. A substantial functional limitation in a major life area is determined through the administration of the Ohio Eligibility Determination Instrument (OEDI); and
- It causes the person to need a combination and sequence of special, interdisciplinary, or other type of care, treatment, or provision of services for an extended period of time that is individually planned and coordinated for the person.
For more information about eligibility for Atco Adult Services, please call Mark Cullison, Habilitation Manager at 592-6659 ext 215 or e-mail her at email@example.com