What is PersonnelPlus?
PersonnelPlus is a no cost, no obligation employment service. PersonnelPlus is designed to increase operational efficiency through the hiring of reliable and dependable employees with disabilities. PersonnelPlus has been in existence since 1983.
PersonnelPlus provides numerous services including:
- Job Retention Class – providing supported employees with skills to help with work habits.
- Job Sampling – allows potential supported employees with the opportunity to try different types of work in area businesses.
- Absense Line – helps identify attendance issues and assist workers with any attendance problems.
- Job Coaching – coaches work alongside supported employees to assist them with learning the job.
- Job Placement – working with area businesses to identify potential employment opportunities and matching skills of potential supported employees with the requirements of the job.
|Job Placement Results|
- PersonnelPlus staff was honored in 2004 by receiving the Best Practices from the Ohio Association for Persons in Supported Employment (Ohio APSE).
- Job developer, Wendy Jakmas was not only the winner of the Professional of the Year Award from Ohio APSE, but also the national winner throughout the USA in the same category.
- John Hedges won the Ohio APSE award for Personal Achievement for a supported employee for outstanding achievement in employment.
- PersonnelPlus staff was honored in 2005 from the Ohio Association for Persons in Supported Employment:
- Personal Achievement – Holly Kasler (who also won the national award in this category);
- Professional of the Year – Steven Koch, Plan Coordinator; and
- Leadership Award – Dave Shull, manager of Kroger’s in Athens.
For more information go to www.personnelplus.org
|Our Business Partners|
Arnold Insurance & Financial Service
Athens Area Chamber of Commerce
Carpenter and Associates
College Book Store
Diagnostic Hybrids, Inc.
Information Destruction Service
Kroger of Athens
Kroner Animal Care Center
Lowe’s Home Improvement
McDonald’s of Nelsonville
Milo’s Whole World Gourmet
|Ohio University Center for Public Media
Ohio University Central Food Facility
Ohio University Child Development Center
Ohio University Custodial Services
Ohio University Dining Halls
Ohio University Grover Center Atrium Cafe
Ohio University Innovation Center
Ohio University Library / Preservation Department
Ohio University Office of Vice President for Finance
Papa John’s Pizza
Pizza Hut (East State Street and Richland Avenue)
Rocky Brands/Boot Factory Grill
Secure Title Services LTD.
Shawna Stump State Farm Insurance
United Methodist Church District Office
W. G. Grinders
Wendy’s (Court Street)