Job Posting: Vehicle Operator I (Van Driver) & Facilities Maintenance Worker
Location: ATCO, 21 S. Campbell St, Athens, Ohio
Wage: $11.50 hourly minimum
Benefits: Excellent benefits including comprehensive health and life insurance plus generous paid time off and participation in OH Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS).
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7 am – 4 pm; times subject to weather and facility needs
• Must be at least 18 years old, possess a high school diploma or GED, have ability to use whole numbers, read & write.
• Possess a Class B CDL with air brake endorsement; prefer passenger and school bus endorsements
• Must be able to lift, carry move, load and secure enrollees safely. Lift/move safely 25-75 lbs.
• Knowledge of custodial safety practices; skill in operation of cleaning equipment.
• Ability to read and understand work orders, simple instructions and MSDS sheets.
• Ability to perform routine maintenance tasks under the direction of other maintenance personnel. Must be able to demonstrate basic maintenance skills. Ability to operate forklift.
• Performs pre-trip inspections & drives vehicles to transport individuals to & from ACBDD programs. Drives shuttle when needed.
• Performs pick-up and deliveries of program related supplies and products.
• Performs light facility maintenance and assists other maintenance personnel as needed.
• Sweeps, mops, strips, waxes, polishes & renews floor surfaces; cleans & shampoos rugs & carpets; washes walls; cleans, dusts & waxes furniture; cleans glass & mirrors; cleans & empties trash receptacles; removes snow & ice from walkways & drives; reports need for equipment repair; reports evidence of fire, illegal entry & theft of property; checks in and orders supplies; stocks supply closet.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Posting Dates: June 28, 2017 – July 12, 2017 or until filled
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to email@example.com or complete an application at Beacon School, 801 W Union St, Athens, OH 45701. Internal applications will be given priority in screening and selection.
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include: exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and/or aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.