Job Posting: Transition Coordinator
Location: Employment Options, 1002 E. State St, Suite 4, Athens, OH 45701
Wage: Competitive starting rate
Benefits: Excellent benefits including comprehensive health and life insurance plus generous paid time off and participation in OH Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS).
Schedule: Monday – Friday, full-time, flexible schedule to meet business needs
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university in Special Ed, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field.
• Eligible for certification by the DODD.
• Must have strong organizational skills, able to problem solve and relate effectively to people.
• Ability to work with a variety of professionals; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Able to work flexible schedule to meet the needs of individuals and business partners.
• Must be able to lift, carry and move up to 50 lbs. using appropriate transfer techniques.
• Valid Ohio Driver’s License and good driving record.
• Knowledge of ODE and DODD regulations, board policies and procedures, CARF and other regulations preferred.
• Identify Athens County students age 16 and older receiving special education services and desiring supported employment. Work with IEP team to assess transition needs and assist in developing associated goals.
• Develop and share information with students, families, teachers, and Local District Coordinators on transition issues and services. Information shared through Transition Fairs, IEP meetings, staff in-service training, etc. Specific information on the supported employment services offered by employment vendors emphasized.
• Develop relationships with OOD Transition Staff, Teachers and Local District Coordinators in all Athens County high schools serving the identified population. This includes Alexander, Athens, Federal Hocking, Nelsonville-York, Trimble High Schools, Beacon School, and Tri-County Career Center.
• Develop and implement employment training programs including developing/identifying curricula and materials; provide classes to individuals and groups; document individual progress; document effectiveness of classes.
• Coordinate Summer Youth Employment program for eligible youth.
• Develop a quarterly newsletter for school personnel, students, and families on transition issues, including upcoming events, highlights of PersonnelPlus, personal success stories, etc.
• Provide in-service training to school personnel on transition issues. Attend training relevant to transition issues.
• Work closely with the OOD counselors to facilitate referrals for their services.
• Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or administration.
Posting Dates: August 31, 2017 – September 17, 2017 or until filled.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete an application at ACBDD, 801 W Union St, Athens, OH 45701. Internal applications will be given priority in screening and selection.
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include: exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and/or aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.