Service and Support Administration Specialist
• Bachelor’s Degree in human services related field and meet credentials to obtain DODD Service and Support Administration Certification.
• 2 years of experience in field of DD preferred. Knowledge of other social service agencies preferred
• Skill in preparing accurate and concise reports and records. Knowledge of data collection, analysis and understanding of fiscal issues related to Medicaid waivers and supported living.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse constituent groups.
• Knowledge and proficiency with a variety of software and web-based applications
• Valid Ohio driver’s license, and an acceptable driving record for agency insurance carrier
• Conduct Eligibility Determination for ACBDD services and Home and Community-Based Service waivers (HCBS); assess service and support needs that promote the person’s rights, self-determination, physical, emotional, and material wellbeing, personal development, interpersonal relationships, and social inclusion. Review/revise service plans (ISP) at least every 12 months as appropriate or requested by team members, change in assessed needs, situation, status changes, change in provider, type of service or supports, and when trends and patterns of unusual incidents (UI) or major unusual incidents (MUI) exist. Communicate available alternative services, due process and appeal rights, and the right to choose any qualified, available provider. Establish, recommend, and obtain approval for the services budget. Assist individuals with selecting providers and resolving concerns involving any direct support staff. Establish and maintain contact with natural supports as frequently as necessary to ensure that natural supports are available and meeting desired outcomes. Facilitate effective communication and coordination among the individual and their team members.
• Provide notification and explanation to a Medicaid hearing if ISP’s result in a recommendation for the approval, reduction, denial or termination of HCBS or other Medicaid waiver services. Facilitate team discussion to develop preventive measures to mediate any concerns regarding the individual’s health and welfare regarding a UI/MUI. Conduct continuous monitoring/review process, specifying the scope and frequency of reviews in the ISP. Refer providers for Provider Compliance Reviews when deemed appropriate. Be prepared to respond to the 24 hour on-call emergency response system during designated rotations.
• Document activities in the prescribed case note format. Maintain records related to service and support administration, community services, vocational services, supported living services, HCBS, PASRR screenings etc. in the prescribed format. Cooperate and participate in DODD and ODM audits as requested.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Posting Dates: July 26, 2018 until filled; for full consideration, please apply by August 5, 2018
Internal applications will be given priority in screening and selection.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.