The Employment Options Division of the ACBDD seeks a part-time Job Trainer (25-40 hours/week as needed, including weekends, evenings and holidays).
– HS diploma or equivalent required. Must meet basic requirements to obtain OH Dept. of Developmental Disabilities (ODDD) certification.
– Must have or be able to pass within 30 days of hire Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) Employment First Training. Must have or be able to pass after employed one year the OOD Community Employment Support Professional (CESP) certification exam.
– Must have or be able to obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
– Basic computer skills with ability to navigate in a variety of programs (Microsoft Word & Excel, email, calendars, etc.).
– Must be able to work in standing or sitting positions and be able to physically complete required tasks; able to lift, carry and move up to 50 lbs. using appropriate transfer techniques.
– Must have strong organizational skills, able to problem solve, and relate to and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
– Valid Ohio driver’s license with a good driving record and able to drive for work related situations; must pass OH Dept. of Education van driving training. Must pass all required background checks.
– Provides job training and coaching to job seeking clients placed at various work sites to ensure employment success.
– Provides training and coaching using a multifaceted approach with emphasis on systematic instruction. Provides work assessments, task analysis, on-the-job training, and re-training.
– Assist Job Developers with employee development – identify job seekers’ interests, skills and supports needed; assists with job searches by job screening and match process and assisting with the job application process.
– Complete daily documentations and reports, written and electronic, per established process. Attend and provide input at team meetings related to training assignments.
– Communicates with families, Service & Support Administrators, and service providers regarding basic living skill needs such as personal hygiene, appropriate dress, nutritional needs, transportation, medication needs, and any other needs per the Individual Service Plan (ISP) or behavior plan.
– Establish and maintain positive rapport with job site supervision and personnel and coordinate efforts with the administration of the program of the host business site.
– Assist Training Coordinators with job seeking skill classes, travel training and other supports as needed.
– Transports job seekers to and from job sites as needed. Other duties as assigned.
Location: 1002 East State St, Suite 4, Athens, OH 45701
Wage: Minimum of $14.06 per hour
Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet needs of individuals served.
Posting Dates: March 24, 2021 until filled; for full consideration, please apply by April 9, 2021
Internal applications will be given priority in screening and selection.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.