• Bachelor’s degree in Special Education or related field; ability to obtain DODD professional certification
• Must have strong structural skills to organize information logically, problem solve and relate effectively to people.
• Experience in field of developmental disabilities preferred; knowledge of other social service agencies preferred
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse constituent groups.
• Knowledge of DODD rules and regulations, Board policies and procedures, CARF and other compliance standards as appropriate preferred
• Able to work flexible schedule to meet needs of individuals. Must be able to lift, carry and move up to 50 lbs. using appropriate transfer techniques.
• Valid Ohio driver’s license, and an acceptable driving record for agency insurance carrier
• May be required to successfully complete training modules in delegated nursing tasks.
• Provide on-going employment support to assist individuals served by ACBDD in maintaining employment.
o Present information and options to improve the opportunity for success, self-sufficiency, and independency in their employment related needs.
o Monitor supported employment satisfaction.
o Act as a liaison between the individual, their home, the employer, and other support systems.
o Provide employment updates to the ISP team members.
o Monitor and maintain case record documentation as required; provide documentation as required
o Make recommendations and help implement procedures to fulfill supported employment goals and objectives in the ISP and evaluate effectiveness.
• Provide support and guidance to employment advocacy efforts, i.e. Employment council.
• Assist individuals and their families in discovering preferences and making informed choices through person centered employment planning. Deliver employee development services to individuals in order to strengthen skills and increase outcomes in the supported employment process. Provide job retention training when needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Posting Dates: August 8, 2018 – until filled; for full consideration, please apply by August 19, 2018
Internal applications will be given priority in screening and selection. To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to email@example.com
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.