Custodial Worker – Full-time
• Must be 18 years old, possess a high school diploma or GED, have the ability to use whole numbers, read & write.
• Must be able to lift and move safely 25-75 lbs.
• Knowledge of custodial safety practices; skill in operation of cleaning equipment
• Daily, prepares supplies needed; sweeps and mops floors, vacuums carpets; washes walls; cleans and dusts furniture; cleans restrooms; cleans glass & mirrors; cleans & empties trash receptacles; launders mop heads and towels.
• Periodically as needed removes & hangs drapes; removes snow & ice from walkways & drives;
• Periodically as scheduled, strips, waxes, polishes & renews floor surfaces; cleans & shampoos rugs & carpets;
• As needed reports need for equipment repair; reports evidence of fire, illegal entry & theft of property; checks in supplies; stocks supply closet.
• In absence of Lead Custodian, supervise and assign tasks to Assistant Custodial Workers, and transport employees as needed to work sites.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Wage: Minimum of $10.00 per hour starting rate
Benefits: OPERS, health, vision, dental, life insurance; vacation, personal and sick leave.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 4 pm – 12:30 am; times subject to change due to weather and facility needs
Deadline: Ongoing, or until filled
Worksite: ATCO, Beacon School, Harper Street in The Plains, Transportation Garage
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to email@example.com or complete an application at Beacon School, 801 W Union St, Athens, OH 45701. Internal applications will be given priority in screening and selection.
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include: exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and/or aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.