Job Posting: Administrative Assistant
Location: Service & Support Administration, Lavelle Road, Athens, OH
Wage: $11 hourly minimum
Benefits: Excellent benefits including comprehensive health and life insurance plus generous paid time off and participation in OH Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS).
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm
• High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred;
• Must have good basic computer and keyboarding skills;
• Strong professionalism with ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Ability to operate standard office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, etc.;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer service disposition essential;
• Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills,
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
• Provide administrative support services to Service & Support Administration (SSA) staff and Transportation & Facilities director. Duties include generating program or business related material (e.g. correspondence, reports, summaries, evaluations, tables, meeting minutes, policies, forms, case notes), maintaining files, record keeping, billing, maintaining and ordering supplies, and taking meeting minutes as needed. Must proofread work and make necessary corrections/updates.
• Answer multi-line telephone, provide general information, and receive messages/inquiries from visitors, staff, and consumers. Route calls appropriately. Greet and direct visitors.
• Perform general office duties including, but not limited to: filing, distributing/routing mail, copying, faxing, and maintaining office supply inventory.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Posting Dates: June 28, 2017 – July 12, 2017 or until filled.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to email@example.com or complete an application at Beacon School, 801 W Union St, Athens, OH 45701. Internal applications will be given priority in screening and selection.
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include: exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and/or aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.