Beacon School is a special educational service provider for five local school districts in Athens County. We provide educational services tailored to meet the needs of students age 3-21. The focus is on building skills needed in the present and future in the areas of functional academics, pre-vocational, socialization, daily living skills, adaptive physical education, fine/gross motor, and recreation/leisure. We seek an SLP for a one-year term for the 2020-21 academic year only, dedicated to enhancing the lives and skills of children with exceptional needs and have a passion for serving a population diverse in social, educational and economic backgrounds and levels.
• Current Ohio Board Licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist required, OR Clinical Fellow Year (CFY) SLP certification may be acceptable depending on experience; Professional Pupil Services License with the Ohio Department of Education may be obtained upon hire
• Ability to work with team concepts/process; communicate effectively with individuals and groups; strong organizational skills
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of developmental disabilities, behavior management and teaching methods.
• Must be able to document services electronically (ex. Google docs, Google forms) and capable learning such systems.
• Must be familiar with or have experience using low- and high-tech communication devices/Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC)
• Assess and treat speech, language, and swallowing deficits of students.
• Provide therapy to students individually and in small groups, and in a variety of settings, as prescribed in the IEP.
• Develops IEP goals for students receiving direct therapy and documents progress, ensuring appropriate therapy.
• Researches and procures appropriate equipment, supplies, materials, and instruments for implementing programs- including AAC devices to meet daily communication needs.
• Researches and attends workshops/seminars to remain current on communication therapy.
• Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team in recommending appropriate interventions, including the need for direct therapy, informal consultation, and/or referral to community practitioners.
• Provides staff/parent in-service/consultation as requested or needed to implement appropriate communication strategies in the work area and/or at home.
• Prepare and maintain documentation, written and electronic. Prepare required reports and maintain records.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Posting Dates: March 20, 2020 – April 10, 2020, or until filled
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to email@example.com or complete an application at Beacon School, 801 W Union St, Athens, OH 45701.
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist. These conditions may include: exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and/or aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.