The Ohio Department of Health maintains a COVID-19 Dashboard specific to schools. Schools are required to report cases to their assigned Local Health Department, who then report to the Ohio Department of Health.
Dashboard details and definitions can be found here and searching for the county of interest.
The ACBDD and Beacon School also tracks its numbers below:
|Group Type||Active Cases||Recovered Cases|
How You Can Help
Be proactive about reducing the number of interactions between students and staff by practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart) to limit the spread of COVID-19. In addition to physical distancing, these important tools help to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Wear a mask or face covering while in public places and if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
• Avoid unnecessary gatherings with people who do not live in your home.
• Avoid sharing food, drinks, or utensils.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Sing the Happy Birthday song twice to help know when it has been 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and wash your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands, to cover coughs and sneezes. If you are experiencing cough or congestion, consider staying home and seeking medical care.
• Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends cleaning of frequently touched surfaces with household cleaners and EPA-registered disinfectants that are appropriate for the surface, following label instructions. A simple bleach solution may also be utilized.
If you have any questions, contact Beacon School at 740-594-3539 or the Athens City-County Health Department at 740-592-4431.
Thank you for helping to keep people safe and to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community and school.