Welcome to the County Board of Developmental Disabilities
Since its inception in 1957, the Athens County Board of Developmental Disabilities has been providing individuals opportunities to learn, grow, and enrich their lives. For Athens County individuals with developmental disabilities, we provide quality services by assessing their needs and creating individual plans. We offer education, employment, life skills training, recreation, transportation, residential support, services coordination, and more. We help to integrate individuals with developmental disabilities into their community as valued citizens.
If you would like more information on any of our programs, please click on the link or contact us by phone at (740) 594-3539.
Thank you for visiting us!
Our Mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals by encouraging integration and independence, fostering partnerships, and advocating for individual rights.
To provide experienced leadership so all individuals with developmental disabilities may achieve their dreams.
Our Core Values
- We believe in the potential of all individuals served.
- We believe our organization must be responsible and flexible.
- We believe in being fiscally responsible.
- We believe in Person Centered Planning and Self-Determination.
- We believe in providing safe and secure environments for individuals to be served.
- We believe in valuing employees and partners.
- We believe in visionary leaders and innovation.